Wednesday 4 March 2015

Day 1: Dinner!!

When I lived at home, dinner was my favourite part of the day. My mom always cooked a delicious meal (usually complete with cheese, butter, bread, and meat - I did mention were Italian. Veggies either come on pizza or in with the pasta sauce) and the four of us would sit around the dinner table and quite literally stuff our faces. I mean, it's hard not to when you've got pasta primavera doused in freshly grated Parmesan, marinated seared beef tenderloin, chicken parmigiana with homemade sauce, antipasto platters, salami, mortadella, prosciutto, all the cheese you could possibly imagine - Parmesan, friulani, old cheddar, mozzarella, Asiago - risotto Milanese, chicken cacciatore, roasted lambchop a with andouille.....
I think it's safe to say that at the end of day one... My cravings have taken over my body. 
I knew this would happen though, and in prepared myself! On the menu tonight, Spanish "rice" with kale and fresh tomato sauce. I'm hoping the thick, sauceygoodness with taste like home without breaking all the rules. 
I don't think I've mentioned that while I LOVE to eat, I'm not much of a chef.... 
Even when following a recipe, something's just do not turn out.

After following this recipe *exactly*i was sort of let down. It didn't have the thick consistency that I was looking for, though the taste was quite enjoyable.
I forgot to take an after picture (I blame the hunger) but I'll upload one when I have it agin later this week (the recipe is for four, I am only one... Yay leftovers...)

No comments:

Post a Comment